Paper Round (6 May) - Which clients are advertising in the national press?
Brands remind newspaper readers there is still time to book a summer holiday while the supermarkets compete for weekend shoppers.
Lastminute.com holds a 72-hour sale, advertising in The Times, while easyJet advertises "scrummy sunshine savers" in The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail.
Holiday Inn promotes it status as the official hotel provider in the 2012 Olympics with ads in The Times featuring synchronised swimmers. The ads also appear in The Guardian.
Asda takes out a double page spread in The Sun and The Daily Mirror to highlight its own brand products which it claims have been "tried, tested and chosen by you".
While Sainsbury’s advertises cut-price ice creams in The Sun following on from its campaign promote a week’s worth of family meals for £50.
Specsavers takes out a full page in The Times, the Daily Telegraph and The Independent to tell readers "we’ve always given you an alternative" with a tongue-in-cheek reference to yesterday’s referendum vote.
B&Q promotes a 3 for 2 offer on paint and wallpaper in The Guardian, reminding readers it is the last weekend they can take advantage of the deal. The ads also appear in The Independent and the Daily Mirror.
A full page ad in The Independent picturing two people frolicking naked covered in bubbles to promote designer Tom Ford's new fragrance.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Category Manager - Impulse Channel William Grant & Sons Highly competitive salary, £6,000 car allowance and a generous bonus 30% , Based at our prestigious offices in Hook.
- Social Media Copywriter/Senior Community Manager - London Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Account Director - Small but Perfectly Formed Creative Agency Speckled Frog £40-45k, Soho London