Two LG marketers quit in restructure
Paul Meadows, head of brand at LG, and Paul Trueman, marketing director of LG Electronics, have both left their jobs in a major shake-up of the brand's marketing department.
LG ad: senior marketing departures at electronics group
Trueman has only been in post since January 2010, when he replaced Andrew Warner as the top UK marketer in the electronics division.
The departures follow that of the South Korean company's global marketing chief Dermot Boden in January.
In a statement, LG confirmed that the shake-up means Steve Gate, currently head of marketing for the home entertainment division, will lead the newly established consumer electronics division.
The LG statement reads: "LG has recently restructured its marketing functions to enable it to more closely support its core business units. This will allow the company to focus on the successful marketing of its new and exciting technologies, and in turn maximise the growth opportunity that exists for LG here in the UK.
"In light of this a Consumer Electronics Marketing Team has been established, led by Steve Gater (promoted from head of marketing, Home Entertainment to chief executive of consumer marketing), and this will drive synergies across the home entertainment and home appliances businesses. Alex Windle will continue to lead the mobile communications marketing team.
"As a result of the restructuring we can confirm that Paul Trueman and Paul Meadows decided to leave the business."
LG Electronics launched the world's first 3D smartphone in February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...