Ben & Jerry's rolls out 'dessert island' Facebook campaign
Ben & Jerry's, the Unilever-owned ice-cream brand, has launched a Facebook app that allows consumers in Europe to choose which of eight flavours available in the US they want to go on sale over here.
Ben & Jerry's 'Dessert Island' Facebook campaign
The app, created with Maynard Malone, imagines the eight flavours have been stranded on a ‘dessert island’ on their way from the US to Europe.
The flavours include Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, Vermonster and Minter Wonderland.
Facebook fans of the ice-cream brand can vote to choose which one they would like to be manufactured using Fairtrade ingredients.
It will then go on sale in the UK and 13 other European markets later this year.
The app also invites fans to take a personality test, which reveals what sort of person they are based their favourite ice-cream flavour.
Last week, Lynx, Unilever’s deodorant brand, launched a mobile app allowing men to create a real-time record of a night out.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London