Ben & Jerry's rolls out 'dessert island' Facebook campaign
Ben & Jerry's, the Unilever-owned ice-cream brand, has launched a Facebook app that allows consumers in Europe to choose which of eight flavours available in the US they want to go on sale over here.
Ben & Jerry's 'Dessert Island' Facebook campaign
The app, created with Maynard Malone, imagines the eight flavours have been stranded on a ‘dessert island’ on their way from the US to Europe.
The flavours include Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, Vermonster and Minter Wonderland.
Facebook fans of the ice-cream brand can vote to choose which one they would like to be manufactured using Fairtrade ingredients.
It will then go on sale in the UK and 13 other European markets later this year.
The app also invites fans to take a personality test, which reveals what sort of person they are based their favourite ice-cream flavour.
Last week, Lynx, Unilever’s deodorant brand, launched a mobile app allowing men to create a real-time record of a night out.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...