TBWA\London picks up Game Group Europe
Game Group, the video games retailer, has consolidated its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe into TBWA\London.
Game: video game retailer
The agency won the account, which includes the £3 million UK business, after a review in March.
TBWA\London will handle all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand, Gamestation.
The group previously worked with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. The Manchester-based agency Cheethambell JWT was appointed to the Game UK ad account in 2004.
The integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building and customer relationship marketing.
Game Group's new CRM focus comes after it pledged to triple its digital revenue to £300 million by 2013, double sales and improve personalised offers to its 16 million loyalty card holders.
At the beginning of 2010, a difficult year for high-street retailers, Game announced plans to close 18 of its 682 stores across the UK after poor Christmas trading.
In February, Game poached the senior Marks & Spencer director Dave Hughes as its new chief marketing officer. At M&S, he was in charge of overseeing all online and direct sales channels.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...