Five partners Samsung for IPTV app
Samsung plans to release a series of new apps for its internet-connected TV range, led by an app for Richard Desmond's Channel 5 on-demand service.
Channel 5: Samsung agrees app deal for on-demand service
The deal gives Samsung Smart TV users access to Channel 5's on-demand service, and the group is expected to make an additional series of announcements throughout the week.
Samsung's Smart TV has already developed apps for LoveFilm, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Tesco-owned Blinkbox, Muzu.tv, PictureBox, Facebook and Twitter, and claims to have the largest range of apps for IPTVs.
C5 has already done a deal with Sony for their IPTV and Blu-Rays.
Andy Griffiths, vice-president of consumer electronics, Samsung UK said: "With Smart TV, Samsung is delivering more entertainment choices so consumers can ‘watch’, ‘chat’, ‘surf’, and ‘share’ with greater possibilities and ease of use.
"By leading the development of the new Smart TV category in the UK, Samsung will once again transform the TV-viewing experience to the benefit of consumers, developers and retailers."
Rival Sony is pushing its internet-connected TV offering with an international campaign already running in the Asia-Pacific region.
Separately, the YouView consortium of UK broadcasters and ISPs is developing a standard for internet-connected TV delivery, but its launch has been put back to 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...