Homebase recruits former B&Q marketing director
Jo Kenrick has been appointed to marketing director for Homebase from charity Start, where she was chief executive.
Jo Kenrick, marketing director for Homebase
Kenrick had been chief executive of Start, a Prince of Wales charity designed to promote sustainable living, since March 2010. She will start her new post in mid-August and report to Paul Loft, Homebase’s managing director.
She replaces Ajay Kavan, who left the business earlier in the year.
Loft said: "The customer is, and always will be, at the forefront of Homebase’s activities. We aim to lead the march on ideas and inspiration in the home and garden.
"Jo’s background in FMCG, retailing and at Start is ideally placed to move us on to the next step in the Homebase journey."
Kenrick has had a varied career in marketing, starting at Mars befor working at PepsiCo, and then moving into retail, first at Asda, and then at Woolworths.
She had a brief soujourn at housebuilder Wilson Connolly, now part of Taylor Wimpey, before moving to National Lottery operator Camelot.
She returned to retail in 2006 as marketing director at B&Q, then moving to Asda's lead at agency Fallon, and then to Start.
Kenrick said: "I'm delighted to be joining the team at Homebase - I've always believed that women were the key decision makers in Home Improvement and this is a business which already has a strong female franchise. There is so much already in place to build on and a great team with which to do it so I'm really looking forward to getting started."
Homebase is part of the Home Retail Group, which also owns Argos, where managing director Sara Weller stepped down last month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London