Homebase recruits former B&Q marketing director
Jo Kenrick has been appointed to marketing director for Homebase from charity Start, where she was chief executive.
Jo Kenrick, marketing director for Homebase
Kenrick had been chief executive of Start, a Prince of Wales charity designed to promote sustainable living, since March 2010. She will start her new post in mid-August and report to Paul Loft, Homebase’s managing director.
She replaces Ajay Kavan, who left the business earlier in the year.
Loft said: "The customer is, and always will be, at the forefront of Homebase’s activities. We aim to lead the march on ideas and inspiration in the home and garden.
"Jo’s background in FMCG, retailing and at Start is ideally placed to move us on to the next step in the Homebase journey."
Kenrick has had a varied career in marketing, starting at Mars befor working at PepsiCo, and then moving into retail, first at Asda, and then at Woolworths.
She had a brief soujourn at housebuilder Wilson Connolly, now part of Taylor Wimpey, before moving to National Lottery operator Camelot.
She returned to retail in 2006 as marketing director at B&Q, then moving to Asda's lead at agency Fallon, and then to Start.
Kenrick said: "I'm delighted to be joining the team at Homebase - I've always believed that women were the key decision makers in Home Improvement and this is a business which already has a strong female franchise. There is so much already in place to build on and a great team with which to do it so I'm really looking forward to getting started."
Homebase is part of the Home Retail Group, which also owns Argos, where managing director Sara Weller stepped down last month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...