O2 to launch 'mobile wallet' with Visa as partner
O2 has announced Visa is to be its first partner when it launches its mobile wallet "contactless" payment venture in the second half of the year.
O2: Visa named as debut partner for its mobile contactless payment scheme
O2 announced the launch of the mobile wallet in February. The product carries the content of a physical wallet on a mobile phone.
O2 is hoping that customers will use the wallet to top up their credit, shop through their mobile phone browser, and send money to other people, amongst other things.
The mobile wallet will launch under the O2 Money brand and Visa will be the payment network for the wallet.
The mobile wallet will be available to all O2 customers. Later, it will be installed on mobile devices on sale from the operator.
James Le Brocq, managing director, financial services at O2, said: "We are working with the best partners in their respective fields to bring a high quality service to market under the O2 Money banner. We look forward to unveiling additional partners in the coming months."
In March, O2 launched a YouTube channel, 02 Academy TV, to focus on live music hosted at its various branded venues.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)