Confused.com unveils 'YMCA' ad as brand-building takes fore
Confused.com, the price-comparison website, is launching a number of new ad spots focused on brand-building and specific sectors.
The 1970’s disco anthem ‘YMCA’ is the soundtrack to the latest ad, featuring animated brand ambassador Cara. The 30-second ad, themed around car insurance, will launch on Sunday (22 May), with its peak spot taking place during the ITV1 drama series ‘Vera’.
In a break from previous campaigns, the words to the original song have been changed to push the brand name.
Mike Hoban, marketing director at Confused.com, said the move had been made to make sure the brand name was "top of mind" for consumers.
He said: "It’s about making sure that our advertising builds up our business."
In addition to the car insurance ad, a 30-second ad focusing on home insurance and a 60-second brand-building execution are also launching. Confused.com is also unveiling a new radio ad on 1 June, in the London region only.
Confused.com, which is owned by Admiral Group, has produced its ads in-house since last year, when Hoban joined the company from Directgov.
Hoban said handling the advertising in-house was "cheaper, faster and more effective".
"The new series of adverts have been so successful that Confused.com has added more than two million customers since the campaign launched."
He added: "The old advertising agency model of big fees and people taking a year to turn out sometimes mediocre work is broken."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...