Motorists warned about car insurance law changes in TV ad campaign
The Motor Insurers´ Bureau has created an ad campaign publicising changes to the law, whereby consumers can be prosecuted for owning a vehicle without insurance, even if they do not drive it.
The TV ad campaign targets the estimated 1.4 million UK drivers who have failed to insure a vehicle, ahead of the introduction of the new Continuous Insurance Enforcement law from June 20. The ad will run across terrestrial and satellite broadcasters.
The ad will warn drivers to purchase insurance, and encourage those who are unsure to visit its free checking website, www.askMID.com. The site collates data from insurance brands such as Aviva, Zurich, Allianz, RSA, More Th>n and RBS.
Mike Penning, road safety minister, said: "Uninsured drivers are a danger on our roads, killing 160 and injuring a further 23,000 people each year, and they cost honest motorists £500m in extra premiums."
"Our message is clear – get insured or face a fine, court action or seeing your car seized and destroyed."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior web producer for clientside role in Clerkenwell £45-50k Digital Gurus £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...