More magazine to let Facebook fans co-create issue
More, Bauer Media's lifestyle weekly for young women, is to publish an issue co-created by its Facebook fans.
More: magazine's Facebook fans are invited to help create the June 14 issue
The issue will go on sale on Tuesday 14 June and More starts the editorial planning process today.
The magazine's Facebook fanbase, dubbed "Moreos", recently passed 100,000 users.
Fans will be consulted on picking the cover star, contributing to regular features such as The Alan Carr Interview and Men Overheard, deciding on fashion shoots and creating the beauty pages.
Five "superfans" will be recruited to come into the office and work directly on pages with the More team.
Chantelle Horton, editor of the magazine, said: "The likes of Facebook, Twitter and other social media networks have completely transformed how we produce More magazine over the last couple of years, with the entire team in two-way, real-time, 24/7 conversations with our readers."
More has an average issue circulation of 188,265 copies, down 2.4% year on year, according to the latest ABC figures, covering July to December 2010.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Project Manager - Ambitious Integrated Agency ADLIB £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: negotiable salary, doe, Dorset
- Client Service Director or Account Director Adam Recruitment £40000 - £70000 per annum + benefits , London
- Business Development Manager (FS) Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE, London
- Junior Packaging Artworker Network Career Consultants £22000 - £25000 per annum, London