Former Red Bull exec to list new computer company
The man who transformed energy drink Red Bull into a household brand in the UK is gearing up for ambitious plans in the computer market.
Harry Drnec: former Red Bull chief tackles the computer sector
Harry Drnec is credited as being the force behind Red Bull's success in the UK.
The entrepreneur is now just weeks away from listing his new venture, the Broadband Computer Company, on the Frankfurt stock market, as Drnec seeks fresh funding.
He will then undertake a major marketing offensive for the product in the UK.
Broadband Computer Company makes computers called Alex. Drnec hope is that people will purchase a whole package of services from the company, not just the computer.
A package includes an Alex laptop computer, a broadband connection, access to software on the Alex servers and technical support – for a monthly fee of under £40 for two years.
The company uses Linux, the open source operating system.
Drnec is hoping his offer will transform the way computers are sold in the country.
But even establishing a foothold in the UK market would be a challenge, with dominant players such as Microsoft in the market.
Drnec stepped down from his roll as managing director of Red Bull UK in 2007, to pursue independent business interests. He had been with the company for 12 years.
He is credited with transforming Red Bull UK from a company that was losing money into one that, when he left, was Red Bull’s second largest globally.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...