BBC Magazines readies first app for pre-schoolers
BBC Magazines is planning its first app aimed at pre-schoolers as a spin-off from its award-winning television show 'The Koala Brothers'.
The Koala Brothers: BBC readies app for pre-schoolers
The app will be developed by the digital team behind the BBC's recent Focus magazine and Good Food apps in collaboration with Spellbound Entertainment, which controls international rights, publishing and licensing for the brand.
The app will adopt a magazine format and will roll out to coincide with the programme's relaunch on Disney Junior in the US in 2012.
'The Koala Brothers' was originally commissioned by CBBC in the UK – it now airs under licence on CBeebies – and has been acquired by more than 50 broadcasters across 155 territories.
The app will launch initially on iTunes for the iPad, iTouch and Mac and expand to Android devices later next year.
Pauline Cooke, publisher of pre-school titles at BBC Magazines, said: "We have a long-standing relationship with Spellbound and a great understanding of 'The Koala Brothers' brand, so we are very excited about working together to create something that’s truly unique in this market – a multi-layered super app for pre-schoolers."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...