BBC Magazines readies first app for pre-schoolers
BBC Magazines is planning its first app aimed at pre-schoolers as a spin-off from its award-winning television show 'The Koala Brothers'.
The Koala Brothers: BBC readies app for pre-schoolers
The app will be developed by the digital team behind the BBC's recent Focus magazine and Good Food apps in collaboration with Spellbound Entertainment, which controls international rights, publishing and licensing for the brand.
The app will adopt a magazine format and will roll out to coincide with the programme's relaunch on Disney Junior in the US in 2012.
'The Koala Brothers' was originally commissioned by CBBC in the UK – it now airs under licence on CBeebies – and has been acquired by more than 50 broadcasters across 155 territories.
The app will launch initially on iTunes for the iPad, iTouch and Mac and expand to Android devices later next year.
Pauline Cooke, publisher of pre-school titles at BBC Magazines, said: "We have a long-standing relationship with Spellbound and a great understanding of 'The Koala Brothers' brand, so we are very excited about working together to create something that’s truly unique in this market – a multi-layered super app for pre-schoolers."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Support Officer Harris Hill Ltd £25k per year, London
- Packaging Designer AF Selection c£18,500, Coventry
- eCommerce Trading Manager Â– Multi-channel retailer ADLIB up to £33,000 plus benefits, Somerset
- Head of Ecommerce - Fashion 24 Seven Inc Circa £70,000 per annum + Competitive Benefits Package, London