Coca-Cola launches Olympic Torch Relay campaign featuring Dizzee
Coca-Cola launches its London 2012 Olympic torch relay nomination campaign today, featuring pop stars Dizzee Rascal and Eliza Doolittle.
Eliza Doolittle: singing at the Coca-Cola Future Flames launch at London's Westfield
The campaign, 'Future Flames', on www.cokezone.co.uk, encourages consumers to nominate young people to carry the Olympic Torch through the UK in the run-up to the 2012 Games.
The campaign is being kick-started by a special event at Westfield shopping centre, London, hosted by Capital FM presenter Dave Berry with performances from artists Dizzee Rascal, Eliza Doolittle and You And Me at Six.
The event will also have UK sportsmen and women hoping to compete in the London 2012 Games, including judo athlete Tom Davis, rower Tom Ransley and Clare Strange, the paralympic basketball player.
The activity is part of the London 2012 Olympic Torchbearer nomination programme, which launched two weeks ago, to find 8,000 "inspirational" torch bearers. Coca-Cola is joined by fellow presenting partners Samsung and Lloyds TSB in the programme.
James Quincey, northwest Europe and Nordics president at The Coca-Cola Company, said: "Every day, young people do great things in their communities, going the extra mile and using their interests and passions for sport, music, dance and the environment, to make a difference to others. The chance to carry the Olympic Flame during the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
The 70-day torch relay will start in Land's End next year and will visit Liverpool, Aberdeen and Manchester among the first 74 locations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...