Coca-Cola launches Olympic Torch Relay campaign featuring Dizzee
Coca-Cola launches its London 2012 Olympic torch relay nomination campaign today, featuring pop stars Dizzee Rascal and Eliza Doolittle.
Eliza Doolittle: singing at the Coca-Cola Future Flames launch at London's Westfield
The campaign, 'Future Flames', on www.cokezone.co.uk, encourages consumers to nominate young people to carry the Olympic Torch through the UK in the run-up to the 2012 Games.
The campaign is being kick-started by a special event at Westfield shopping centre, London, hosted by Capital FM presenter Dave Berry with performances from artists Dizzee Rascal, Eliza Doolittle and You And Me at Six.
The event will also have UK sportsmen and women hoping to compete in the London 2012 Games, including judo athlete Tom Davis, rower Tom Ransley and Clare Strange, the paralympic basketball player.
The activity is part of the London 2012 Olympic Torchbearer nomination programme, which launched two weeks ago, to find 8,000 "inspirational" torch bearers. Coca-Cola is joined by fellow presenting partners Samsung and Lloyds TSB in the programme.
James Quincey, northwest Europe and Nordics president at The Coca-Cola Company, said: "Every day, young people do great things in their communities, going the extra mile and using their interests and passions for sport, music, dance and the environment, to make a difference to others. The chance to carry the Olympic Flame during the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
The 70-day torch relay will start in Land's End next year and will visit Liverpool, Aberdeen and Manchester among the first 74 locations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Full service - B2B Financial Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10
- Customer Retention Executive (3mth contract) News UK Competitive, London
- CRM Manager PFJ £275 - £375 per day, Cambridgeshire