Mumsnet hires Adam & Eve's Eden to help build brand
Mumsnet, the influential community website for mothers which has had several run ins with the ad industry, has appointed Adam & Eve's communications strategy division Eden to help develop its brand.
Justine Roberts... Mumsnet founder
Eden picked up the work without a pitch, and will now focus on exploring brand partnerships for Mumsnet, as well as helping the website to build its social media offering.
The move comes as Mumsent looks to extend its business model in to other areas, such as launching a series of parenting and lifestyle books. Last month the organisation also rolled out Gransnet, a spin-off site dedicated to grandmothers.
Mumsnet was launched in 2000 by former sports journalist Justine Roberts and TV producer Carrie Longton. Eleven years later the site now receives 1.35 million unique visits a month. However, some have questioned its value to advertisers given the antagonistic nature of many of its users towards big brand advertising.
Over the years Mumsnet has used its influence to initiate a number of high-profile national campaigns, covering issues such as miscarriage and the sexualisation of children through marketing.
In January last year the ad agency Beta also felt the website’s wrath after it launched a campaign for the Outdoor Advertising Association that carried the headline: "Career women make bad mothers".
Jon Forsyth, the Adam & Eve partner in charge of Eden, said: "Mumsnet is the best in class example of brands creating authentic communities. We look forward to working with them to build this further without sacrificing any of the integrity that’s made them so unique".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...