Mumsnet hires Adam & Eve's Eden to help build brand
Mumsnet, the influential community website for mothers which has had several run ins with the ad industry, has appointed Adam & Eve's communications strategy division Eden to help develop its brand.
Justine Roberts... Mumsnet founder
Eden picked up the work without a pitch, and will now focus on exploring brand partnerships for Mumsnet, as well as helping the website to build its social media offering.
The move comes as Mumsent looks to extend its business model in to other areas, such as launching a series of parenting and lifestyle books. Last month the organisation also rolled out Gransnet, a spin-off site dedicated to grandmothers.
Mumsnet was launched in 2000 by former sports journalist Justine Roberts and TV producer Carrie Longton. Eleven years later the site now receives 1.35 million unique visits a month. However, some have questioned its value to advertisers given the antagonistic nature of many of its users towards big brand advertising.
Over the years Mumsnet has used its influence to initiate a number of high-profile national campaigns, covering issues such as miscarriage and the sexualisation of children through marketing.
In January last year the ad agency Beta also felt the website’s wrath after it launched a campaign for the Outdoor Advertising Association that carried the headline: "Career women make bad mothers".
Jon Forsyth, the Adam & Eve partner in charge of Eden, said: "Mumsnet is the best in class example of brands creating authentic communities. We look forward to working with them to build this further without sacrificing any of the integrity that’s made them so unique".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Store Design Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager lastminute.com Competitive with great benefits, Farringdon