Dentsu acquires digital agency Steak
Dentsu is continuing its acquisition drive by acquiring the digital agency Steak to boost its interactive credentials across Europe and Asia.
Oliver Bishop, Duncan Parry, Jim Kelly
Steak, which was acquired this week by Dentsu for an undisclosed sum, will now operate under the supervision of Dentsu Network West, reporting to Jim Kelly, the chief executive of Dentsu Europe.
The agency, which specialises in online search and display media but also offers creative and social media services, was founded in 2005 and has 94 staff.
It will continue to be led by its co-founder and chief executive, Oliver Bishop, and the co-founder and head of paid search, Duncan Parry, from its Covent Garden-based office. Seb Bishop will remain as its non-executive chairman. The founders have signed up to a three-year earn-out.
Kelly will join the Steak board of directors along with Tim Andree, the chief executive of Dentsu Network West.
Steak has offices in London, New York and Melbourne, and its clients include Virgin Holidays, Axa, Swiftcover and Debenhams.
The deal will enable Steak to work with Dentsu's European and Asian offices, including its London ad agency, as part of its expansion plans.
It follows Dentsu's acquisition in January of the Dusseldorf-based digital creative agency Social Thinkers. Dentsu will consider further acquisition opportunities in the UK and Germany.
Kelly commented: "Digital media is a cornerstone of Dentsu Network West's growth strategy. This acquisition is a great step in offering class-leading digital solutions to our clients in Europe."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...