Moray MacLennan named new EACA president
The European Association of Communications Agencies has appointed Moray MacLennan, the worldwide chief executive of M&C Saatchi, as its next president.
Moray MacLennan: new EACA president
MacLennan will take over from the incumbent president, Olivier Fleurot, the chief executive of MS&L Group, on 15 September.
During his two-year tenure, MacLennan will bid to raise the profile of the EACA, which lobbies in Brussels on behalf of the ad and media industry across Europe.
The new president will meet with the EACA's five committees - media, advertising, associations, marketing and healthcare - four times a year to identify the key issues to take to Brussels.
MacLennan hopes to adopt a progressive approach similar to the one he took while he was the president of the IPA between 2007 and 2009, which resulted in him successfully launching a programme to promote the value of advertising in the boardroom.
He said: "Creativity will be the engine of growth for Europe and I will aim to attract younger people into the business from within and outside Europe. The main objective of the EACA is to keep advertising restrictions to an optimum level but I will aim to broaden the job too by also focusing on promoting the positive side of advertising."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)