Moray MacLennan named new EACA president
The European Association of Communications Agencies has appointed Moray MacLennan, the worldwide chief executive of M&C Saatchi, as its next president.
Moray MacLennan: new EACA president
MacLennan will take over from the incumbent president, Olivier Fleurot, the chief executive of MS&L Group, on 15 September.
During his two-year tenure, MacLennan will bid to raise the profile of the EACA, which lobbies in Brussels on behalf of the ad and media industry across Europe.
The new president will meet with the EACA's five committees - media, advertising, associations, marketing and healthcare - four times a year to identify the key issues to take to Brussels.
MacLennan hopes to adopt a progressive approach similar to the one he took while he was the president of the IPA between 2007 and 2009, which resulted in him successfully launching a programme to promote the value of advertising in the boardroom.
He said: "Creativity will be the engine of growth for Europe and I will aim to attract younger people into the business from within and outside Europe. The main objective of the EACA is to keep advertising restrictions to an optimum level but I will aim to broaden the job too by also focusing on promoting the positive side of advertising."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...