Google launches anti-homophobic bullying TV campaign
Lady Gaga features in a new ad launched by Google in partnership with lesbian, gay and bisexual equality charity, Stonewall, to tackle homophobic bullying.
Lady Gaga: supports the 'It Gets Better' campaign
The online and TV ad, created by BBH New York, aired across Channel 4, Five, E4 and ITV2 on Saturday, and is the first UK manifestation of Google's global 'It Gets Better' campaign.
The ad aims to show how powerful campaigns can be made by bringing people and communities together and used the strapline, "The web is what you make of it". It will run on TV for a month as part of a media plan handled by OMD.
The ad features Stonewall supporters including comedian Rhona Cameron and DJ Jodie Harsh alongside US stars Lady Gaga and Dan Savage who recall their bullying experiences.
Ben Summerskill, chief executive of Stonewall, said: "Stonewall is really proud to have worked with Google to bring the phenomenal global success of the 'It Gets Better' campaign to British screens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)