Google launches anti-homophobic bullying TV campaign
Lady Gaga features in a new ad launched by Google in partnership with lesbian, gay and bisexual equality charity, Stonewall, to tackle homophobic bullying.
Lady Gaga: supports the 'It Gets Better' campaign
The online and TV ad, created by BBH New York, aired across Channel 4, Five, E4 and ITV2 on Saturday, and is the first UK manifestation of Google's global 'It Gets Better' campaign.
The ad aims to show how powerful campaigns can be made by bringing people and communities together and used the strapline, "The web is what you make of it". It will run on TV for a month as part of a media plan handled by OMD.
The ad features Stonewall supporters including comedian Rhona Cameron and DJ Jodie Harsh alongside US stars Lady Gaga and Dan Savage who recall their bullying experiences.
Ben Summerskill, chief executive of Stonewall, said: "Stonewall is really proud to have worked with Google to bring the phenomenal global success of the 'It Gets Better' campaign to British screens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London