Google launches anti-homophobic bullying TV campaign
Lady Gaga features in a new ad launched by Google in partnership with lesbian, gay and bisexual equality charity, Stonewall, to tackle homophobic bullying.
Lady Gaga: supports the 'It Gets Better' campaign
The online and TV ad, created by BBH New York, aired across Channel 4, Five, E4 and ITV2 on Saturday, and is the first UK manifestation of Google's global 'It Gets Better' campaign.
The ad aims to show how powerful campaigns can be made by bringing people and communities together and used the strapline, "The web is what you make of it". It will run on TV for a month as part of a media plan handled by OMD.
The ad features Stonewall supporters including comedian Rhona Cameron and DJ Jodie Harsh alongside US stars Lady Gaga and Dan Savage who recall their bullying experiences.
Ben Summerskill, chief executive of Stonewall, said: "Stonewall is really proud to have worked with Google to bring the phenomenal global success of the 'It Gets Better' campaign to British screens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...