VisitBritain partners with American Express for digital marketing drive
VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, has named American Express as a global partner to help drive inbound tourism to the UK, as part of its £100m marketing campaign.
VisitBritain: teams up with American Express for online marketing campaign
The tie-up features a joint digital marketing programme, called UK Inspiration, which features American Express offering travel information and deals to its card members worldwide, through a dedicated website, amexnetwork.co.uk/ukinspiration.
The site gives American Express users exclusive travel offers alongside "insider information" from a selected group of UK fashion, food, entertainment and travel bloggers.
VisitBritain will ensure that the destination content, images and blogs on the site are kept up to date.
The partnership will be jointly promoted by the two brands, featuring PR, social media and activity at American Express foreign exchange outlets.
The UK Inspiration activity will run under VisitBritain's "You're invited" banner, feeding into the £100m global marketing campaign due to launch later this month.
The Government is contributing £50m in funding to help the tourism body bring four million overseas visitors to the UK and increase tourism spend by £2bn.
Laurence Bresh, director of marketing, VisitBritain, said: "We’re delighted to be working with American Express. This partnership gives us the opportunity to showcase Britain and to present ideas and offers which encourage potential visitors to travel now.
"Partner marketing deals such as these are key to providing an international platform for tourism destinations and businesses across Britain."
American Express will join British Airways, Lastminute.com, ferry companies P&O and DFDS,hotel chain Radisson Edwardian and budget airline easyJet, among other travel brands, as a founding partner for the marketing drive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...