Yeo Valley rappers land 2011 Marketing Society Awards for Excellence Grand Prix
Yeo Valley Organic scooped the prestigious Grand Prix at the 2011 Marketing Society Awards for Excellence on Monday for its 'Live in harmony' campaign starring rapping farmers.
Yeo Valley: awarded Grand Prix
The activity, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, was judged to have pushed the boundaries of marketing excellence by demonstrating insight, effectiveness and innovation. Yeo Valley used a high-profile slot during The X Factor to debut its ad and followed this up with a digital media campaign to build deeper engagement.
The TV component, a two-minute spot featuring four rapping farmers, caught the nation’s imagination, clocking up nearly 2m views on YouTube. In the three months following the campaign’s launch, Yeo Valley generated an incremental uplift in sales of more than £3.5m.
Another winner at the event, run in partnership with Marketing, was the youth homelessness charity Depaul UK, for its iHobo app, devised by Publicis London. The Tamagotchi-style iPhone app, which allows users to care for a fictional homeless man and donate to the charity, won the Leading Edge Thinking, Not-for-profit Marketing and Marketing on a Shoestring categories.
Craig Inglis, director of marketing for John Lewis, was named Marketer of the Year for ‘making a demonstrable diff-erence to the business’, while Rebecca Brock, marketing controller at Homebase, won Young Marketer of the Year.
For full details of the winners see below:
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...