Man City sets digital goals with new marketing head
Manchester City FC has appointed former AKQA director Julian Pate as its new head of marketing as the football club expands its digital perspective.
Julian Pate: becomes head of marketing at Manchester City
Pate replaces Chris Kay, who joined the Australian marketing agency BMF at the end of last year.
He will report to the football club's chief brand and commercial officer, Ian Cafferky.
Pate's remit will involve developing strategic marketing initiatives aligned to Manchester City's commercial and brand objectives. There will be a heavy focus on digital.
Cafferky said: "It's great to have Julian on board heading up our marketing team as part of the club’s digital expansion.
"The digital experience he brings with him will be a real asset to the club as we continue to push the innovation boundaries."
Pate's appointment comes as the ambitious club – owned by billionaire Sheikh Mansour – bids to up its digital marketing activity.
Manchester City recently launched a digital membership scheme and a novel FA Cup app, in order to offer better engagement with fans.
Pate has previously held executive positions with Razorfish and AKQA.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...