Flybe appoints Cocktail to seek out retail partnerships
Flybe, the low-cost airline, has appointed marketing agency Cocktail to develop brand partnerships as it seeks out high-street retail partnerships.
Flybe: seeks high-street retail brands for partnerships
Flybe currently has promotional brand tie-ups with Merlin Entertainments, Avis car hire and the Disneyland Paris parks.
Simon Lilley, director of marketing, Flybe, told Marketing that the airline regarded itself as a "retail brand" and was looking to partner with high-street retail names.
He added: "There are lots of opportunities where Flybe can offer in-store incentives and on-pack promotions, such as discount flights."
Lilley said that Flybe was "very close" to an agreement that would see a promotional relationship with a "well-known supermarket", while the brand was also in discussions with a nationwide high-street restaurant.
The airline switched its public affairs work from Fleishman-Hillard to TLG in November last year, as the carrier is keen to promote itself as a British success story that makes a positive contribution to the UK’s regional growth.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Planner: £28k: Top Travel Clients Ultimate Asset £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Brand Manager McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency; £50k + Bens Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + First Class Benefits!, London