Channel 4 promotes Sarah Owen to head of marketing
Channel 4, the public service broadcaster, has promoted group marketing manager Sarah Owen to the position of head of marketing, following the departure of head of network marketing Rufus Radcliffe to ITV.
Sarah Owen: promoted to head of marketing
In her new role Owen will oversee all Channel 4's consumer and digital marketing and lead a coherent brand strategy for Channel 4's network of TV channels and digital services.
Owen will be charged with prioritising, planning and implementing all Channel 4's on and off-air marketing campaigns and she will report to Dan Brooke, director of marketing and communications.
The role is slightly different to that held by Radcliffe as it includes responsibility for the marketing department but not Channel 4’s in-house creative agency 4Creative or its media planning department, which both report directly to Brooke.
As group marketing director Owen had responsibility for all entertainment, comedy and drama marketing activity. Owen was promoted to group marketing manager in 2008 from the position of marketing manager for E4 and Comedy.
Prior to joining Channel 4 in 2007 Owen was a content director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty from April 2006. She started her career at the BBC where she was brand manager at Radio 1 and marketing manager for news and current affairs.
Brooke, director of marketing and communications at Channel 4, said: "Channel 4 is being reinvented and Sarah is in the cockpit of that mission. She's a great talent and we're lucky to have her."
Radcliffe was appointed as group marketing and research director at ITV in April. He has left Channel 4 but is yet to take up his post at ITV.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London