Twitter appoints Rachel Bremer as European communications manager
Rachel Bremer, managing director of Spark PR's Europe operation, has been appointed as Twitter's European communications manager, based in its new UK offices.
Rachel Bremer: Twitter's new European communications manager
Bremer starts today and will spend her first week in San Francisco meeting Twitter’s senior management.
She will report to Sean Garrett, Twitter's US-based vice-president of comms, and Tony Wang, the new general manager of European operations and head of its forthcoming UK office.
Bremer told PRWeek: ‘It’s such an exciting time and great to have the opportunity to work on a platform that I’ve used and enjoyed personally since 2007.'
Bremer has experience of launching US brands in the UK, having established the UK arm of Spark PR four years ago.
Bremer added: ‘I can’t reveal too much about our UK Twitter plans yet but let’s just say I’ll be looking at promoting Twitter to UK consumers.’
It emerged last month that Twitter was setting up a European operation. It has been widely speculated that Twitter's European HQ is likely to be located in London after the firm put the UK capital as the location in job ads searching for sales people.
Media reports suggest the company may be persuaded to locate to 'silicon roundabout', better known as Old Street roundabout, because of the Government's £400m funding to create a new Tech City and encourage US-style innovation.
Dublin, where the European HQs of Google, Linkedin, and Facebook are all situated, is another possible location.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London