Huffington Post pens in 6 July UK launch date
The Huffington Post has revealed that it will launch on 6 July in the UK, as the news and politics website seeks to replicate its US success in this country.
Arianna Huffington: disclosed plans for Huffington Post's UK launch
The website’s co-founder Arianna Huffington revealed earlier this year that the AOL-owned site was to launch in the UK.
Executives are currently recruiting for journalists and bloggers ahead of its much-trumpeted launch.
AOL today (22 June) confirmed its UK launch date.
The UK model will mirror the US operation, with content provided by a core team of writers and editors, as well as unpaid bloggers.
The UK launch is part of the website’s global expansion plans, which include launching sites aimed at French and Brazilian readers.
The Huffington Post has expanded from its origins as a liberal politics blog, to now include broader content, such as media topics, green issues and travel.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)