Airbus 'concept cabin' app reveals the future of flying
Airbus, the aircraft manufacturer, has launched an app that offers consumers a vision of flying in 2050, complete with moulded seats and transparent planes.
Airbus: releases its vision of the future
The 'Concept Cabin' app is free to download and is available at the Apple app store for the iPad and iPhone.
It demonstrates the company's vision of flying in the future and features planes with transparent wall "membranes" and a cabin designed to be fully recyclable. Self-cleaning materials are also featured, grown from sustainable plant fibres.
Also included is an "integrated neural network" that recognises individual passengers and adapts according to their needs.
The app takes consumers on a virtual tour of the intelligent cabin, exploring the personalised "vitalising, smart tech and interactive" zones designed to replace first, business and economy classes.
The vitalizing zone has "vitamin and anti-oxidant enriched" air, acupressure treatments and aromatherapy. The interactive zone houses holographic gaming, and the smart tech area allows passengers to "continue life as if on the ground".
Rainer Ohler, senior vice president, public relations and communications, Airbus, said: "The Airbus Concept Cabin has generated huge interest and excitement across the globe.
"Our vision of flight in 2050 has really captured people's interest and with this app everyone can experience how the journey can be as much a voyage of discovery as the destination."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Packaging Designer Creative Recruitment £150 - £200 per day, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...