RBS puts £50m media account up for pitch
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group is reviewing the £50 million media planning and buying for its retail business, held by MediaCom.
NatWest...review focuses on high-street business
The advertiser is set to hand selected agencies an introductory brief for the review this week, which focuses on the high-street NatWest business that RBS acquired in 2000.
MediaCom won the consolidated RBS account in 2000 after a six-month pitch process. In 2006, it added online planning and buying.
The banking group also includes the Direct Line and Churchill insurance brands, which are not believed to be part of the review. Other brands under the RBS umbrella include Lombard Direct and Privilege Insurance.
Last June, sources close to the advertiser revealed RBS had approached agencies as part of a costing exercise. However, this never went to a fully fledged review.
RBS’s advertising is split between M&C Saatchi, which handles its retail business, and CHI & Partners, which oversees its in-branch creative work.
M&C Saatchi also looks after the RBS Corporate business. The creative account is unaffected by the review.
MediaCom and RBS would not comment on the media planning and buying review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...