FT web app nears 200,000 downloads
The Financial Times new web-based app is nearing 200,000 downloads in just two-and-a-half weeks, claims the publisher.
FT web app: close to 200,000 downloads since launch says publisher
The Financial Times launched the app, which cuts out Apple’s ITunes store and other distribution channels, on 7 June.
The move marked the first of its kind by a major newspaper group and came after the FT expressed concern about the lack of data disclosed by Apple about the behaviour of users of apps distributed through its stores.
John Ridding, FT chief executive, disclosed in his recent monthly internal update to staff that the app was downloaded 100,000 times in its first week.
The publisher now reports that up to today (24 June), it is nearing the 200,000-download mark, as users believe it is quicker and boasts more comprehensive features than the FT's older apps.
The figures, which have not been independently verified, will be of interest to other newspaper publishers, which are looking to cut out Apple’s ITunes store.
The FT has been supporting the app with e-mail and in-paper marketing.
A spokesman for the company said: "We've seen strong demand for the FT web app since its launch. We have an ongoing marketing campaign encouraging users to migrate to the new platform and we’re confident we can maintain the momentum."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...