Gocompare's Gio Compario signed up for another year
Comparison site Gocompare.com has signed up opera singer Wynne Evans as Gio Compario for another series of TV ads over the next year.
Gocompare's Gio Compario to remain on our screens
The opera singer's latest set of ads will air from Friday (1 July). Created by Gocompare’s in-house marketing team, Gio Compario will be transported back in time in a Regency period sedan chair in a spot called ‘Luxury Sedan’.
The ad shows Gio Compario’s two footmen drop his carriage while admiring a ‘four by four’ sedan chair being carried by four footmen. Gio Compario then emerges from the carriage singing his famous theme song.
Nick Hall, head of marketing for Gocompare.com, said: "The success of the campaign to date meant there was very little doubt in our minds that Gio would be back for another term. However, we’re looking forward to surprising a few people with the set-ups this time. The character is so well known now that we can have quite a bit of fun with him.
He added: "In addition to time travelling and cavorting with period beauties, we plan to throw him into an animated world for the first time and give the jingle a serious ‘rock’ makeover later on in the series."
Developed by Siân and Chris Wilkins, the ad was directed by Graham Rose. Moon Productions produced the ad, while Mediaedge:cia (MEC) handled the media buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London