FA to test new ad technology
The FA is testing a novel marketing initiative, which will allow brands to showcase country-specific ads on football ground hoardings at England games.
Football Association: to roll out new country-specific advertising technology
The technology, called Digital Replacement Advertising, allows existing stadium advertising billboards to be digitally replaced in live TV broadcasts.
This means that advertising on the boards can be tailored to local TV audiences all over the world.
The technology works by using special optics inside the camera to digitally replace a dynamic ad onto the static board.
For example, somebody watching an England international football match in Japan will see different ads (those tailored to a Japanese audience) to someone watching the match in Spain (tailored to a Spanish audience).
The technology has the potential to help brands if they have to deal with local legislation, such as an alcohol brand needing to amend ads to deal with local legislation.
To date, the technology has been trialled at the England against Ghana international. Now it is to be tested at future international matches.
Finnish company Supponer is behind the technology, which is being marketed in the UK by Sports Revolution, whose chairman is Chris Ingram, the man who ripped up the advertising rulebook back in the 1970s, when he invented the stand-alone media agency.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...