FA to test new ad technology
The FA is testing a novel marketing initiative, which will allow brands to showcase country-specific ads on football ground hoardings at England games.
Football Association: to roll out new country-specific advertising technology
The technology, called Digital Replacement Advertising, allows existing stadium advertising billboards to be digitally replaced in live TV broadcasts.
This means that advertising on the boards can be tailored to local TV audiences all over the world.
The technology works by using special optics inside the camera to digitally replace a dynamic ad onto the static board.
For example, somebody watching an England international football match in Japan will see different ads (those tailored to a Japanese audience) to someone watching the match in Spain (tailored to a Spanish audience).
The technology has the potential to help brands if they have to deal with local legislation, such as an alcohol brand needing to amend ads to deal with local legislation.
To date, the technology has been trialled at the England against Ghana international. Now it is to be tested at future international matches.
Finnish company Supponer is behind the technology, which is being marketed in the UK by Sports Revolution, whose chairman is Chris Ingram, the man who ripped up the advertising rulebook back in the 1970s, when he invented the stand-alone media agency.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire