Sony appoints Drum to UK advertising roster
Sony Computer Entertainment has appointed Drum to its UK roster.
Sony: appointed Drum
The agency was hired following a pitch process that involved agencies from a variety of disciplines. The roster includes TBWA\London, Adam & Eve, Grand Union and Iris Worldwide.
Drum will be responsible for creating ad campaigns for the brand, with a focus on content creation and partnership marketing. The hire signals a renewed focus by Sony Computer Entertainment on content and social media activity rather than traditional TV.
Drum is expected to work with Sony's media planning and buying agency, Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Last week, MG OMD won a Media Lions gold at Cannes for its "GT Academy" work for PlayStation and Nissan.
Sony's PlayStation console has come under increasing pressure from rivals such as Microsoft's Xbox and the Nintendo Wii. In recent months, the company has also admitted that hackers stole data from a potential 100 million users of its PlayStation Network.
Drum's appointment follows the hire of Ella d'Amato as its managing director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Manager, Global Integrated Agency. Kent. Escape Hatch Media Recruitment Salary is up to £32,000 dependent on experience, plus a great benefits package, Kent
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...