Media agencies downgrade TV ad forecast for summer
TV adspend is expected to rise by 1 per cent during the third quarter, according to media agency sources.
Red Or Black: autumn launch
However, agencies are concerned that it could slip into negative growth should the economic situation worsen.
Predictions suggest that the year-on-year TV ad market is likely to be down 3 per cent in July, down 2 per cent in August, but could increase by up to 5 per cent in September.
Media agencies had thought that the August TV ad market would be flat, or slightly up, but buyers have downgraded their forecasts following the news that retailers have been hit by the consumer slowdown. One media agency trader said: "Currently, we have the quarter at 1 per cent up year on year, but I think it could be down."
However, September is expected to be buoyant because of spending around the Rugby World Cup. ITV, which has the rights to the tournament, is likely to benefit during September and October. Red Or Black, the latest show from Simon Cowell's production company, also launches on ITV in the autumn.
The Rugby World Cup could also bring new money into the market. Another trader said: "The Rugby World Cup isn't just about existing advertisers. This is the only time top-class rugby is on commercial TV. It brings in new brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Data Analyst - (Games Development Studio) - Guildford Guru Careers £Competitive (DOE), Guildford, Surrey (GU2)
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...