Reckitt Benckiser hands Pane global role
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) has appointed its top Canadian executive to head up its UK operations, as UK general manager Camillo Pane shifts to a global role.
Rakesh Kapoor: chief executive designate of Reckitt Benckiser
Pane, who has been UK general manager since December 2009, has been promoted to a global post within the FMCG's healthcare division.
He replaces Brian Bentley who is moving to a new role heading up RB's healthcare projects.
Pane's UK role has been filled by Alan Thompson
Pane will report directly to Heather Allen, executive vice-president category development, who was appointed to the role in May, replacing Rakesh Kapoor when he took up his role of chief executive designate.
He will be responsible for driving innovation, equity and growth across the category and its brands, which include Nurofen, Strepsils and Gaviscon.
Pane began working at RB in 2006 and has held a range of senior roles, including category marketing director for the Autodish and homecare categories in the US, regional marketing director for Brazil and Latin America, global category director for Air Care, and general manager of the UK healthcare business.
Thompson, the current general manager of RB Canada, has been with the company since 2003.
Prior to his role in Canada, Thompson was the sales director for RB in Russia, before becoming the global category director for Calgon and fabric softeners.
Pane will continue to work closely with the UK business over the summer, until Thompson has relocated and taken over the reins.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...