Reckitt Benckiser hands Pane global role
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) has appointed its top Canadian executive to head up its UK operations, as UK general manager Camillo Pane shifts to a global role.
Rakesh Kapoor: chief executive designate of Reckitt Benckiser
Pane, who has been UK general manager since December 2009, has been promoted to a global post within the FMCG's healthcare division.
He replaces Brian Bentley who is moving to a new role heading up RB's healthcare projects.
Pane's UK role has been filled by Alan Thompson
Pane will report directly to Heather Allen, executive vice-president category development, who was appointed to the role in May, replacing Rakesh Kapoor when he took up his role of chief executive designate.
He will be responsible for driving innovation, equity and growth across the category and its brands, which include Nurofen, Strepsils and Gaviscon.
Pane began working at RB in 2006 and has held a range of senior roles, including category marketing director for the Autodish and homecare categories in the US, regional marketing director for Brazil and Latin America, global category director for Air Care, and general manager of the UK healthcare business.
Thompson, the current general manager of RB Canada, has been with the company since 2003.
Prior to his role in Canada, Thompson was the sales director for RB in Russia, before becoming the global category director for Calgon and fabric softeners.
Pane will continue to work closely with the UK business over the summer, until Thompson has relocated and taken over the reins.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London