Dizzee Rascal and Peter Crouch star in Sky ad
Sky has launched an ad campaign featuring a host of celebrities such as Dizzee Rascal and Peter Crouch to promote Sky Sports' new service, Sky Go.
The 60-second ad by Brothers & Sisters launched on Friday (1 July). It highlights the Sky Go service that gives customers access to Sky content across a range of devices including the iPhone, iPad and laptop.
The ad is directed by Joseph Kahn and features sports fans folding a widescreen TV into a mobile phone and tablet device, demonstrating the service's flexibility.
England striker Peter Crouch makes a special appearance during the spot, performing 'The Fold' goal-celebration dance, inspired by his famous robotic dance moves, and Dizzee Rascal raps against a backdrop of glamorous backing dancers.
The campaign will span across print, outdoor and digital. Media planning has been handled by Mediacom.
Corin Dimopoulos, director of sports and news marketing at BSkyB, said: "The launch of Sky Go brings a whole new dimension to Sky Sports. Fans now need never miss a single second of the action.
"This irreverent cross-platform campaign captures the full benefits of Sky Sports experience, including five HD channels, 3D coverage and now the ability to watch live coverage on the move at no extra cost."
Sky Go brings together Sky Player, Sky's online TV service and Sky Mobile TV. On mobile and tablet devices, Sky TV customers will be able to access all five Sky Sports channels, ESPN and SkyNews. On laptops and computers, customers will be able to access more than 30 live channels.
In due course, the service will also be supported by Sky's recent acquisition, The Cloud.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London