Morrisons and Disney in 'golden ticket' giveaway
Morrisons has signed up 140 brands for its biggest promotion to date, a 'golden ticket'-based prize giveaway that will be the focus of its primary summer campaign.
Morrisons: giving away Disney prizes
Shoppers will receive one pack of Top Trumps-style Disney cards, created by card manufacturer Cartamundi, for every £30 they spend in store. They can also claim extra packs by buying one of 140 participating brands, including PG Tips, Fairy and Cravendale, as well as own-label products. Nearly 250m cards have been produced for the campaign.
Consumers who find one of 1000 golden tickets hidden in the 32m packs of trading cards will win one of 1000 stays at Disneyland Paris.
Each pack contains seven cards and there are 99 to collect. Each card features a Disney character from a range including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Buzz Lightyear.
The campaign, by Billington Cartmell, will be promoted through TV, print, outdoor and radio ads, created by DLKW Lowe, which launch this weekend.
In addition to the main ad push, the promotion will be supported using broadcast platforms Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD, and online at Disney.co.uk.
According to Disneyland Paris, this is the biggest give-away of its kind in the UK to date. Ginger Taggart, executive marketing director at Disney Destinations International UK, said: 'We believe this will resonate with shoppers.'
Joe Ward, Morrisons' head of in-store marketing, said: 'In terms of the marketing support we're giving it, it adds up to our biggest-ever promotion.'
The deal was negotiated through Disney's media partnerships arm, Disneymedia+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...