Motorola promotes marketer Andrew Morley prompting restructure
Motorola has restructured its global marketing operations, following the promotion of Andrew Morley to UK and Ireland general manager.
Andrew Morley: moves up to become UK and Ireland general manager
Morley, the Motorola vice-president of marketing for Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, will take control of the handset manufacturer's wider UK business.
He will also oversee the company's global relationship with Vodafone, and maintain a 'watching brief' on the brand's marketing.
Motorola's Mobility handset operation is splitting its marketing on the three continents under two newly created roles as a result.
Marcus Frost becomes the senior director for marketing in Europe, while Lilian Chung is promoted to senior director for marketing across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Separately, Morley revealed that Motorola will become the first tablet manufacturer to roll out the latest version of Google's Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system.
Motorola hopes its introduction will significantly enhance the functionality of its Xoom tablet and further distinguish it from Apple's iPad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London