Motorola promotes marketer Andrew Morley prompting restructure
Motorola has restructured its global marketing operations, following the promotion of Andrew Morley to UK and Ireland general manager.
Andrew Morley: moves up to become UK and Ireland general manager
Morley, the Motorola vice-president of marketing for Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, will take control of the handset manufacturer's wider UK business.
He will also oversee the company's global relationship with Vodafone, and maintain a 'watching brief' on the brand's marketing.
Motorola's Mobility handset operation is splitting its marketing on the three continents under two newly created roles as a result.
Marcus Frost becomes the senior director for marketing in Europe, while Lilian Chung is promoted to senior director for marketing across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Separately, Morley revealed that Motorola will become the first tablet manufacturer to roll out the latest version of Google's Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system.
Motorola hopes its introduction will significantly enhance the functionality of its Xoom tablet and further distinguish it from Apple's iPad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...