Future bulks up its digital cycling offering
Future Publishing is boosting the digital presence of its cycling portfolio to capitalise on the annual upsurge in interest around the Tour de France.
Cyclingnews: Future pushes online activity in time for the Tour de France
Future's Cyclingnews.com website launched new iPhone and iPad apps ahead of the start of the Tour at the weekend, to provide live race reporting.
The publisher’s existing free app, it says, is currently installed on more than 58,000 devices and the new paid-for app is available to buy through an in-app purchasing system for £1.19.
The new apps follow the launch earlier this month of a new customer rewards programme called Daily Deal, powered by Future's BikeRadar.
Daily Deal is an email alert offering BikeRader's readers savings on biking products, events and services, which Future claims already has thousands of consumers signed up.
Mark Cantwell, associate publisher for Future's cycling portfolio, said: "We have put a lot of work into our digital products this year at Future and the sports portfolio specifically has invested heavily in video and app development, as well as improving the user experience on our sites.
"We’re passionate about cycling and the new live race-reporting Cyclingnews app provides consumers with another route to access our market-leading content.
"Combined with the Daily Deal, which allows us to offer our customers more great deals, we are engaging with our customers at all levels and constantly trying to improve the customer experience."
Like its rivals, Future is in the midst of developing the digital wing of its business into profit with the development of a range of apps, web and mobile platforms to serve its niche-interest readers.
Future currently produces the UK’s number one paid-for lifestyle app for its T3 magazine, and the company announced in May that its digital activities were in profit for the first time, driven by a digital ad revenue increase of 44% in the UK.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...