Audi hires former LG marketer Dominic Chambers
Audi has hired former Vodafone and LG marketer Dominic Chambers as its new UK head of marketing.
Dominic Chambers: new UK head of marketing at Audi
Chambers, who left LG in at the end of last year, replaces Peter Duffy, who left the German automotive manufacturer in January to join easyJet as marketing director.
The role has been covered on an interim basis by former World Gold Council marketer Philip Olden, who is expected to leave the VW-owned marque as a result of the appointment.
Chambers left LG amid major changes at the Korean brand’s UK marketing team. Former UK group marketing director Paul Trueman recently joined MasterCard as head of marketing for the UK and Ireland, while Paul Meadows, head of brand at LG, also left the business.
Jeremy Hicks, director of Audi UK, said: "We have taken great care in making this crucial appointment that will take us into the next key phase of our development as a brand and an organisation."
Chambers said: "This is a tremendous opportunity to further develop the impressive and strong Audi brand, by deploying strategic communication campaigns."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Charismatic PR Account Executive Required! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus & Benefits, Manchester
- Complience and Risk Manager BBC £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London