Renault reviews News Int ad plans
(Updated 16.15) Renault is reviewing its advertising plans pending the outcome of investigations into The News of the World and says it has no immediate plans to advertise in any News International titles.
Renault: 'va va voom' TV campaign
In a statement today, Renault said: "As a result of the seriousness of the continued allegations of phone hacking by News of the World, Renault is reviewing its media advertising plans, pending the formal investigations. We currently have no advertising planned in any News International press titles in the immediate future."
Renault's statement follows News International taking unprecedented action yesterday, closing the 168-year-old Sunday paper, in an attempt to repair its damaged reputation.
Renault spent £343,829 with the News of the World in the 12 months to the end of April 2011, according to Nielsen.
During the course of yesterday, a trickle turned into a flood of advertisers pulling out of the News of the World under pressure from consumers following allegations it had hacked into the mobile phone of Milly Dowler, a story broken by the Guardian on Monday.
One of those advertisers, Shop Direct, put an advertising boycott in place yesterday of all News International newspapers, pending the outcome of the investigation.
Clarification: An earlier version of this article stated that Renault was boycotting News International titles but Renault wanted to make clear it is reviewing the situation and had no immediate plans to advertise.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London