Mail on Sunday targets NotW readers with major DM push
The Mail on Sunday is preparing to hit 1.5 million homes with a direct mail campaign in a bid to capitalise on the closure of the News of the World (NotW).
Mail on Sunday: targets former NotW readers
The campaign kicks off next Monday (July 18) and the DMGT-owned paper will target homes across the country.
The campaign marks one of the biggest in the Sunday title's history.
It is thought the publisher is also considering other marketing activities, including above-the-line activity, as it looks to lure the 2.6 million former NotW readers.
Other rival mid-market titles, such as the Daily Star Sunday, and the Sunday Mirror are expected to embark on similar promotional blitzes in the coming days.
Senior executives at the Mail on Sunday hurried through the DM campaign, just one day after the NotW closed.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...