Nokia prepares £80m brand repositioning campaign
Nokia is plotting an £80m overhaul of its brand positioning, as it looks to relaunch following the announcement in February of its partnership with Microsoft.
Nokia: set to launch £80m re-positioning ads
The Finnish handset manufacturer plans to roll out a major global integrated campaign in October, when it is expected to launch its first phone running on the Windows 7 operating system.
The six-month campaign is being created by several agencies from its global roster. In the UK, Nokia works with Wieden & Kennedy, Fallon and R/GA, among others.
The repositioning comes as Nokia battles to retain market share in the face of competition from rivals such as Apple, RIM, and HTC. In April, Nokia's chief executive, Stephen Elop, announced the loss of 7000 jobs, including 700 in the UK.
Nokia hopes its partnership with Microsoft will help it regain share from Apple iOS and Android-based devices.
A Nokia spokesman said: 'We are excited about the Nokia with Windows phone, but it's not our policy to comment on specific campaigns for unannounced products.'
Separately, Nokia this week unveiled a campaign for its Qwerty range of smartphones.
In the ad, by Wieden & Kennedy, a flock of sheep passes through Godalming in Surrey, as Nokia users alert their friends via instant messaging and Facebook, or seek an alternative route. It ends with the line 'Apps. Maps. Social. Completely connected QWERTY.'
Adam Johnson, head of brand and campaigns at Nokia, said: 'Nokia is committed to authenticity in our communications, using characters and situations that the British public can relate to.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...