Sony Ericsson calls £125m global media review
Sony Ericsson, the telecoms giant, is reviewing its £125m global media planning and buying account currently held by MEC.
Sony Ericsson is reviewing media
The intermediary handling the brief is understood to be Accenture and the incumbent, which has worked on the business for ten years, is expected to repitch for the account along with several other agencies.
Sony Ericsson, which spent £10m in the UK on above-the-line media in 2010, has come under increasing pressure in the global handset market, as it faces strong challenges from fellow smartphone manufacturers including Apple, Research In Motion and HTC.
The communications company recently launched its latest phone the Xperia Play, a phone that also doubles as a gaming device.
A Sony Ericsson statement said the review was called as "part of its global procurement guidelines", adding, "This is not a reflection on our relationship with MEC, who have been our trusted partner for 10 years."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London