Art of Outdoor Digital Competition calls for 2011 entries
Ocean Outdoor, the digital outdoor media owner, has teamed up with Brand Republic to launch the Art of Outdoor Digital competition to find the best creative work in digital outdoor advertising, including full motion, subtle motion and interactivity.
Ocean Outdoor: the Two Towers display on the A4
Ocean is inviting submissions from the creative community, with the opportunity of winning a share of a £300,000 prize fund, as well as a chance for their work to be showcased at four of Ocean’s leading digital outdoor locations – Eat Street Westfield, Holland Park Roundabout, The Two Towers (all in London) and Axis @The Hacienda, Manchester.
A film of each entry being broadcast live at these locations will be featured on a dedicated website, artofoutdoor.com where the public can vote for their favourite. The top 10 will go on to be judged by a panel of industry experts and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in October.
Entries can be submitted from now until the the competition closes on 26 August.
Tim Bleakley, CEO of Ocean Outdoor, said: "Last year’s winner for BA by Being created the world’s first live interactive digital billboard connecting the West Indies with Westfield. Like all groundbreaking work it required a strong idea that specifically utilised the medium and the environment and a brave client.
"The work generated global PR and was shortlisted for three Cannes Lions awards. This work has helped stretch the creative boundaries for Digital Out of Home (Dooh). I hope we can inspire more groundbreaking work this year. Don’t ignore the D in Dooh."
Rich Sutcliffe, editor of Brand Republic, said: "The Art of Outdoor Digital Competition offers creatives a great opportunity to see their work brought to life and displayed in different locations across the UK.
"Following the success of last year’s winner, I’m looking forward to seeing innovative work that really demonstrates the potential and possibilities of digital outdoor advertising."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)