M&S drops Dannii Minogue from ads
Marks & Spencer has dropped former 'X Factor' judge Dannii Minogue, singer VV Brown and model Ana Beatriz Barros from its ads, as part of a realignment of its marketing strategy.
Dannii Minogue: M&S spring 2011 campaign
A TV campaign starring Minogue, Brown and Barros – as well as Twiggy and radio DJ Lisa Snowdon – kicked off in the spring. The trio will not appear in subsequent campaigns, although Twiggy and Snowdon will continue to promote womenswear for the retailer.
Minogue was recruited by M&S last year and appeared in the brand's Christmas campaign, as well as this spring's 50-second spot. But her star has since fallen, in no small part because in May she was dropped from judging ITV1's hugely successful show, 'The X Factor'.
This year's spring campaign introduced the slogan, "Only at your M&S", and was set to Michael Bublé's 'It Had Better be Tonight'. The TV ads were supported by press advertising and follow-up ads were planned for May.
M&S's next TV advertising push, sans Minogue, will kick off in the autumn and will be followed by a Christmas campaign.
It is understood that Twiggy and Snowdon will still appear on billboard ads, while former footballer Jamie Redknapp will continue to promote M&S menswear.
Myleene Klass has not appeared in M&S's TV ads for some time, although her face had been used online and to promote M&S Money.
A spokesman for M&S said the retailer would not comment on its advertising strategy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)