M&S drops Dannii Minogue from ads
Marks & Spencer has dropped former 'X Factor' judge Dannii Minogue, singer VV Brown and model Ana Beatriz Barros from its ads, as part of a realignment of its marketing strategy.
Dannii Minogue: M&S spring 2011 campaign
A TV campaign starring Minogue, Brown and Barros – as well as Twiggy and radio DJ Lisa Snowdon – kicked off in the spring. The trio will not appear in subsequent campaigns, although Twiggy and Snowdon will continue to promote womenswear for the retailer.
Minogue was recruited by M&S last year and appeared in the brand's Christmas campaign, as well as this spring's 50-second spot. But her star has since fallen, in no small part because in May she was dropped from judging ITV1's hugely successful show, 'The X Factor'.
This year's spring campaign introduced the slogan, "Only at your M&S", and was set to Michael Bublé's 'It Had Better be Tonight'. The TV ads were supported by press advertising and follow-up ads were planned for May.
M&S's next TV advertising push, sans Minogue, will kick off in the autumn and will be followed by a Christmas campaign.
It is understood that Twiggy and Snowdon will still appear on billboard ads, while former footballer Jamie Redknapp will continue to promote M&S menswear.
Myleene Klass has not appeared in M&S's TV ads for some time, although her face had been used online and to promote M&S Money.
A spokesman for M&S said the retailer would not comment on its advertising strategy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Midweight Team become £25-38K, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Beauty Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Interim Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + benefits, London