Weetabix launches first ad by BBH
Weetabix has launched a £7m ad campaign to position itself as the ideal cereal for facing the day ahead.
The 'Weetabix. Fuel for Big Days' spot is BBH's first work for the cereal brand since winning the account in March.
The 30-second and 60-second ads feature each member of a family, including the toddler, explaining their day ahead over a bowl of Weetabix, in a series of flash-forward sequences.
The ad will run nationwide over the next few months, supported by radio ads, social media and YouTube activity.
The ad's creative directors were Dominic Goldman and David Kolbusz. Kolbusz was also one of the ad's two copywriters, with Ed Cole.
Goldman and Lewis Mooney were the ad's art director and Guy Shelmerdine was the director.
Adrian Mooney, head of marketing at Weetabix, said: "Weetabix stands for different things for many consumers and we embarked on a key project to find that one defining piece of insight which differentiates the brand within the cereals category.
"We want Weetabix to own that 'Big Day' moment. Our aim is for Weetabix to be front of mind for consumers when they think about preparing for their busy day."
Dominic Goldman, creative director at BBH, said: "The fast pace of modern life can be exhausting and yet it's typically English to wear your busy day like a badge of honour.
"We leveraged this insight and created a game of one-upmanship centred around the breakfast table, where a family compares notes whilst fuelling up with Weetabix to prepare themselves for the big day ahead."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire