Absolute Radio promotes Remy Kirk to ad director
Absolute Radio has promoted head of agency sales Remy Kirk to the position of advertising director, ahead of the impending departure of Paul Carolan to outdoor media owner JCDecaux.
Remy Kirk: appointed advertising director at Absolute Radio
Kirk will have responsibility for all spot-ad revenue generation, trading, delivery and agency relationships for the Absolute Radio business, across all digital stations.
She will also be charged with championing the radio ad model, working alongside head of digital sales James Wigley and branded content director Louise Simkins, and will report to Chris Goldson, Absolute Radio commercial director .
Carolan leaves Absolute Radio to join JCDecaux as commercial director on 19 August and Kirk will take up her new role on 22 August.
After starting at Absolute Radio predecessor Virgin Radio in agency sales in 2004, Kirk was promoted to group head in 2009 and then appointed head of agency sales in 2010.
Before joining Virgin Radio, Kirk was a senior sales executive at Sleazenation and Jockey Slut publisher Swinstead Publishing, from November 2002.
A spokesman for Absolute Radio said Kirk saw off external candidates with her "outstanding reputation" coupled with her radio experience, already accomplished management skills and an "outstanding understanding" of spot airtime business.
Goldson said: "We’re thrilled to be appointing Remy and I know the agency world will also see this as fantastic news – market praise for Remy’s work has always been exceptional. She’s a coiled spring and ready to get cracking. I know she’s going to deliver some great work."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)