Absolute Radio promotes Remy Kirk to ad director
Absolute Radio has promoted head of agency sales Remy Kirk to the position of advertising director, ahead of the impending departure of Paul Carolan to outdoor media owner JCDecaux.
Remy Kirk: appointed advertising director at Absolute Radio
Kirk will have responsibility for all spot-ad revenue generation, trading, delivery and agency relationships for the Absolute Radio business, across all digital stations.
She will also be charged with championing the radio ad model, working alongside head of digital sales James Wigley and branded content director Louise Simkins, and will report to Chris Goldson, Absolute Radio commercial director .
Carolan leaves Absolute Radio to join JCDecaux as commercial director on 19 August and Kirk will take up her new role on 22 August.
After starting at Absolute Radio predecessor Virgin Radio in agency sales in 2004, Kirk was promoted to group head in 2009 and then appointed head of agency sales in 2010.
Before joining Virgin Radio, Kirk was a senior sales executive at Sleazenation and Jockey Slut publisher Swinstead Publishing, from November 2002.
A spokesman for Absolute Radio said Kirk saw off external candidates with her "outstanding reputation" coupled with her radio experience, already accomplished management skills and an "outstanding understanding" of spot airtime business.
Goldson said: "We’re thrilled to be appointing Remy and I know the agency world will also see this as fantastic news – market praise for Remy’s work has always been exceptional. She’s a coiled spring and ready to get cracking. I know she’s going to deliver some great work."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...