Subway joins O2 Media's location based texting service
Subway has become the first retailer to supply O2's location-based marketing service with scannable mobile vouchers.
Subway: creates mobile vouchers for O2 campaign
O2 More customers who have opted in to the You Are Here location service will be sent a multimedia message and a voucher to their mobile when they are near a Subway store.
They can redeem the offer in-store by presenting the voucher to sales staff.
O2 Media launched You Are Here last year. Partners using the service include House of Fraser, Starbucks and American Express.
Subway is the first retailer to supply the campaign with vouchers that be scanned by mobiles.
Simon Wallwork, marketing manager at Subway, said: "In conjunction with Subway's commitment to contactless payment, this advance demonstrates our dedication to providing an innovative consumer experience. This is the next step in the mobile evolution of Subway."
The tie-up follows last week's launch of O2's extended Priority Moments loyalty scheme, which also offers location based discount vouchers.
A O2 spokesperson said the latest scheme differs from Priority Moments because You Are Here's offers are not always exclusive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...