Egg brand to be bought by Yorkshire Building Society
Egg, the online finance brand launched by Prudential in 1998, is to be sold by Citigroup to Yorkshire Building Society for an undisclosed sum.
Egg: 2005 guinea pig campaign by Mother
Yorkshire, which claims to be the UK's second largest building society, expects to complete the deal in the fourth quarter of this year.
At the same time as taking on the Egg brand, mortgage and savings customers, Yorkshire is in the process of a merger with smaller society Norwich & Peterborough, which is expected to complete on 1 November.
When the Egg deal completes Egg savers and borrowers will become members of Yorkshire Building Society. The savings book is worth £2.5bn and the mortgage book £430m.
Egg's credit card book was sold in April by Citigroup to Barclaycard, with Egg credit card customers becoming Barclaycard customers.
Citigroup has owned the brand for four years after buying it from Prudential for £575m in January 2007, but has been attempting to sell it for some time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...