Tesco to roll out WiFi in UK stores
Tesco is set to roll out free WiFi across its UK stores, allowing users to compare prices and access Clubcard online while they shop.
Tesco: introduces free WiFi in selected stores
Shoppers will be able to compare prices and read product reviews on internet enabled devices, in a bid to drive competitive prices in-store.
Tesco is currently trailing the free WiFi in four UK stores. If successful, the service will roll out across all Tesco supermarkets.
The WiFi will also allow users to log on to access their Clubcard account online to check their points and receive e-vouchers as the loyalty scheme becomes increasingly more digital.
Tesco's move to introduce WiFi comes as it looks to tap into customer's changing buying habits.
Big four rival supermarket Sainsbury's already offers WiFi in some of its stores.
Tesco has 2,700 stores across the country.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London