Tesco to roll out WiFi in UK stores
Tesco is set to roll out free WiFi across its UK stores, allowing users to compare prices and access Clubcard online while they shop.
Tesco: introduces free WiFi in selected stores
Shoppers will be able to compare prices and read product reviews on internet enabled devices, in a bid to drive competitive prices in-store.
Tesco is currently trailing the free WiFi in four UK stores. If successful, the service will roll out across all Tesco supermarkets.
The WiFi will also allow users to log on to access their Clubcard account online to check their points and receive e-vouchers as the loyalty scheme becomes increasingly more digital.
Tesco's move to introduce WiFi comes as it looks to tap into customer's changing buying habits.
Big four rival supermarket Sainsbury's already offers WiFi in some of its stores.
Tesco has 2,700 stores across the country.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...