Nokia selects Inferno for £80m global ad campaign
Nokia has appointed the integrated agency Inferno to handle an estimated £80 million global brand campaign.
Nokia has appointed Inferno
The agency is thought to have won the brief following a competitive pitch against Nokia’s global roster agencies including Wieden & Kennedy.
Inferno’s appointment follows a Nokia RFI which went out to both roster and non-roster agencies in May. It is understood that the agency will work on a campaign, due in the autumn, which is expected to promote Nokia’s first phone running on the Windows 7 operating system.
Nokia is currently battling to retain market share in the face of competition from rivals such as Apple, RIM, and HTC. The mobile company hopes its partnership with Microsoft will help it to regain share from Apple and Android-based devices.
Inferno’s capture of the new account follows its appointment to Nokia’s global business-to-business account in June. The agency also works with Nokia on the mobile company’s retail ad business.
W&K, which recently launched a campaign for its Qwerty range of smartphones, are expected to continue to work with Nokia on other briefs. Fallon also handles some advertising for Nokia.
W&K recently made around 20 redundancies at its London office, citing a drop in spend from Nokia, its largest client, as a contributing factor.
Inferno refused to comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...