Nokia selects Inferno for £80m global ad campaign
Nokia has appointed the integrated agency Inferno to handle an estimated £80 million global brand campaign.
Nokia has appointed Inferno
The agency is thought to have won the brief following a competitive pitch against Nokia’s global roster agencies including Wieden & Kennedy.
Inferno’s appointment follows a Nokia RFI which went out to both roster and non-roster agencies in May. It is understood that the agency will work on a campaign, due in the autumn, which is expected to promote Nokia’s first phone running on the Windows 7 operating system.
Nokia is currently battling to retain market share in the face of competition from rivals such as Apple, RIM, and HTC. The mobile company hopes its partnership with Microsoft will help it to regain share from Apple and Android-based devices.
Inferno’s capture of the new account follows its appointment to Nokia’s global business-to-business account in June. The agency also works with Nokia on the mobile company’s retail ad business.
W&K, which recently launched a campaign for its Qwerty range of smartphones, are expected to continue to work with Nokia on other briefs. Fallon also handles some advertising for Nokia.
W&K recently made around 20 redundancies at its London office, citing a drop in spend from Nokia, its largest client, as a contributing factor.
Inferno refused to comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire